Search This Blog

Thursday, October 20, 2011

iSpartacus

I am considering leaving Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and any other tracking devices I take part in, but I am deeply afraid of being off the grid to that extent. In fact, being the person that I am (seemingly unable to communicate on a regular basis with anyone I don't live with), I am afraid that my social system would collapse without the Big Brother systems transporting my messages from one end of the ethereal world to another.
However, studies show that our dependence on artificial intelligence will not only make our lives simpler, but make us stupid as a result, making the singularity of Artificial Intelligence that much closer. The more we use the conveniences of technology (as opposed to the mind-quickening games, etc… Check this out for details), the less we are using our brains for the same purposes, leading to eventual atrophy.  In some studies, it appears that we now tend to remember where to find information rather than the information itself. By using our technology as a slave, we are giving iSpartacus the ammunition he needs to revolt and take our technology with him.
Yes, this is a worst case scenario worthy of science fiction novels, but singularity is coming down the road whether we like it or not. The only good way of avoiding it is giving up technology altogether and reverting to a dark age- and even cavemen are using the internet these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment